My good friends at Franklin Springs Family Media have done it again! Yep, the folks who bring you the wonderful Homestead Blessings series has something new.
This DVD is about hunting. Sort of.
It does have a lot of talk about hunting in it, and a lot of information – but much of it is only sort of “overheard” in the context of the time we spend with the people involved.
The real story of this DVD is, as the title suggests, about families. Hunting is a means to accomplish any number of important parenting tasks that we might be interested in:
- Spending quality time with our children
- (And even more specifically, quality Father/Daughter or Father/Son focused, individual time)
- Working together as a team
- Setting and accomplishing goals
- Appreciating the majesty of God’s creation
- Potentially providing food for our family
- Allowing children to develop competence, and appropriate self-esteem
- Practicing waiting, and patience
- Following rules and established standards of practice
We enjoyed watching this DVD together as a family.
Wolf grew up hunting, and we look forward to the time in a couple of years when we can move back to a place where he can share that heritage with our children.
Here’s a preview of the film:
I would heartily recommend this DVD to anyone who hunts, anyone interested in hunting, anyone who enjoys camping and outdoor activities already, and anyone who might even consider it as an avenue for family development.
Order it directly from Franklin Springs. As of this posting date, they are offering it at a special promotional price!
One lucky As For My House reader will win their own copy of the Family Heritage of Hunting DVD!
Make sure to leave your email address with each comment. (Used only to contact the winner. If your email is entered in the form it will be saved for me but not displayed).
1. Leave a comment here and share a favorite hunting story of your own, or what sparked your interest about this DVD.
Extra Entries (leave separate comments for each).
Once you have completed #1, you can earn additional entries by doing any or all of the following.
2. Become a Facebook Fan of Franklin Springs Family Media.
3. Subscribe to As For My House in your favorite feed reader, or by email. (Current subscribers count, too!)
4. and 5. Post this giveaway to your Facebook wall (leave your Facebook name), or Tweet about it (and leave the link)! Each may be done daily for extra entries.
6. Enter any of the other giveaways posted here, or over at Life on the Road, and comment back here telling me which one.
7. Leave a (reasonable) comment on any non-giveaway post, and comment back here letting me know which one(s).
In additon to these, there are MANY more ways to earn extra entries. You know, all the usual stuff like sharing on Facebook, Tweeting, and so on? Just click over to our Giveaway Policy page for all the details!
This giveaway ends 1/3/2011 at 11:59pm (Central), or more likely some time the following morning when I log in again.
The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced on the blog, as well as contacted by email. Winner must respond within 48 hours, or a new winner will be selected. Your DVD will ship directly from Franklin Springs.
I was “disclosing” before it was cool. See my Review Policy for the full scoop.
Comments are now closed. Look for the winner to be announced soon in a separate post!